Do I have to keep attendance records?
Parents in Michigan who choose option 1 are not required to keep attendance records for each school year. Remember, the goal is learning!
What about other types of record keeping?
There are other types of records besides attendance records. While you are not required by the state of Michigan to keep records with option 1, we recommend that you keep a copy of the following items just to cover all your bases:
- A portfolio of work by each student showing what they’ve accomplished in each grade.
- Notes on what textbooks, workbooks and lesson plans you’ve used each year.
- Copies of any correspondence that you’ve had with the public school.
- Test results from tests that you’ve given, though standardized testing is not required.
- Field trips attended, including those taken with support groups.